• A minimum of 2 years experience in the interior design industry
• Interior Design degree from an accredited university
• Proficient in AutoCad, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel
• Experience in space planning plus a knowledge of FF&E selections and procurement
• Experience in creation of elevations for custom millwork, tile, plumbing and lighting layouts
• Knowledge of design requirements for high end residential construction
• Ability to produce and manage designs from concept to installation… this includes the creative elements and the ability to keep the details organized
• Desire and ability to take the initiative on the next steps needed throughout the course of a project without having to be asked or micromanaged
• Amazing people skills and ability to communicate and be clear with everyone from our contractors to our vendors and clients
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and be able to take feedback positively… because we really do mean it positively!
• Ability to be a team player at all times and open to wearing a lot of hats on a daily basis. No day looks quite the same and adjusting accordingly is a must
• Knowledge of wholesale and trade vendors is a plus
• Knowledge of Ivy is a plus
• A reliable car and ability to lift heavy items for presentations and install
The Design Assistant will collaborate with the owner/principal to organize, implement and manage all aspects of the design process for both new builds and remodels, including but not limited to:
• Performing on site measurements and/or working off of architects’ plans to develop detailed drawings including floor plans, RCPs, millwork elevations, plumbing and tile layouts, renderings, custom furniture
• Working with team to create and maintain project spreadsheets, schedules and budgets to ensure we’re on time with deliverables
• Idea generation and sourcing including working with outside vendors to procure and coordinate furniture, fixtures, art and accessories
• Organizing and preparing design presentation materials including CAD drawings, mood boards and finish material samples
• Coordinating and assisting with site visits and meetings
• Managing many details on multiple projects simultaneously
• Assist (and hustle!) on install and photo shoot days.
We’re on the hunt for someone amazing to join our team!
If you are a self-starter, are both creative and organized, aren’t afraid to get down and dirty with jobs big and small and, of course, if you are passionate about all things design… then this might be the job for you! **And bonus points if you can weave a Schitt’s Creek reference into daily conversation.
We are looking for a designer with 2-3 years experience to be a part of our growing residential interior design firm and we want you to be on board to grow with us. This is a part time (approximately 30 hours/week) position that will be a combination of working in person for 2-3 days per week plus time spent working from your home and/or on job sites.